The second Beta release of Scientific Linux 6.3, a recompiled Red Hat Enterprise Linux put together by various labs and universities around the world, is now available for download and testing.
Highlights of Scientific Linux 6.3 Beta 2:
• GPG key list has been updated, CERN's key is now listed here too;
• Support for --final feature that was added in anaconda buildinstall has been added;
• Kickstart files have been renamed for simplicity;
• A script for making a disc containing published errata has been added;
• yuminstall.py has been updated to the latest release.
A complete list of changes and updates can be found in the official announcement.
Download Scientific Linux 6.3 Beta 2 right now from Softpedia. Remember that this is a beta release and it should NOT be installed on production machines. It is intended to be used for testing purposes only.