Scala, a general purpose programming language designed to express common programming patterns in a concise, elegant, and type-safe way, is now at version 2.10.0.Scala 2.10.0 smoothly integrates features of object-oriented and functional languages, enabling Java and other programmers to be more productive
Highlights of Scala 2.10.0:
• A class may now extend AnyVal to make it behave like a struct type (restrictions will apply);
• The implicit modifier now also applies to class definitions to reduce the boilerplate of implicit wrappers;
• x.foo becomes x.applyDynamic("foo"), if x's type does not define a foo, but is also a subtype of Dynamic;
• Addition of IsTraversableOnce + IsTraversableLike type classes for extension methods;
• Akka Actors is now part of the distribution.
A complete list of changes can be found in the official announcement.
Download Scala 2.10.0 right now from Softpedia.