Samba, an app that seamlessly integrates Linux/Unix servers and desktops into Active Directory environments using the winbind daemon, is now at version 3.6.14.
This is the oldest stable branch still maintained by the developers. Most of the changes implemented are just maintenance fixes and improvements.
Highlights of Samba 3.6.14:
• 'smbcontrol close-share' is now working;
• Only the INHERITED flag is now propagated;
• An unneeded fstat system call has been removed from the hot read path;
• A bug in the old create temp SMB request has been fixed;
• New or deleted CUPS printer queues are now recognized by Samba;
• A segfault has been fixed in the wbinfo_pam_logon;
• The username map has been improved;
• A case sensitive spn has been added.
More details about this release can be found in the official announcement.
Download Samba 3.6.14 right now from Softpedia.