Samba, a component that seamlessly integrates Linux/Unix Servers and Desktops into Active Directory environments using the winbind daemon, is now at version 3.6.11.Samba 3.6.11 is not the latest stable release, but an older stable branch that still receives updates from time to time.
Highlights of Samba 3.6.11:
• defer_open is no longer triggered multiple times on the same request;
• SEGV wh_n has been fixed and it's now using second vfs module;
• Mask off signals the correct way from the signal handler;
• The format has been fixed and the examples have been made visible;
• O _DIRECT is now directly corrected;
• aio_suspend detection on FreeBSD is now done properly.
A complete list of changes and updates can be found in the official announcement.
Download Samba 3.4.17 / 3.5.20 / 3.6.11 / 4.0.1 right now from Softpedia.