Samba, a component that seamlessly integrates Linux/Unix Servers and Desktops into Active Directory environments using the winbind daemon, is now at version 3.5.20.
Samba 3.5.20 is not the latest stable release, but an older stable branch that still receives updates from time to time.
Highlights of Samba 3.5.20:
• Some segfaults in the log level = 10 have been fixed on Solaris;
• ACL masks now applies correctly when setting the ACLs;
• Samba no longer transforms ShareName to lowercase (sharename) when adding new share via MMC;
• The usage of <smbconfoption> tag has been fixed;
• DNS updates were fixed against BIND9 (used in a Samba4 domain).
A complete list of changes and updates can be found in the official announcement.
Download Samba 3.4.17 / 3.5.20 / 3.6.10 / 4.0.0 right now from Softpedia.