Salix KDE, a GNU/Linux distribution based on Slackware that is simple, fast, easy to use, and based on KDE desktop environment, is now at version 14.0.1.
The developer of Salix OS KDE 14.0.1, The Salix OS Team, has provided two separate images for the 32-bit and 64-bit architecture.
Highlights of Salix OS KDE 14.0.1:
• KDE has been updated to version 4.8.5;
• Mozilla Firefox has been replaced by QupZilla;
• The Calligra office suite has replaced Koffice;
• KMail, KTorrent, Akregator, Kopete, and other packages have been updated;
• Linux kernel has been updated to version 3.2.45;
• The KDE edition can be installed using three different installation modes, “Full”, “Basic” and “Core”.
The provided ISO images are hybrid images, so users can either burn them on CDs, or use dd to transfer them to a USB stick.
Download Salix KDE 14.0.1 right now from Softpedia.