SQLite, an in-process library that implements a self-contained, serverless, zero-configuration, transactional SQL database engine, is now at version 3.8.2.
SQLite 3.8.2 features a large number of changes and bug fixes. A complete list of updates is available in the official announcement.
Highlights of SQLite 3.8.2:
• The defined behavior for the CAST expression when floating point values greater than +9223372036854775807 are cast into integers has been changed;
• Support has been added for “WITHOUT ROWID” tables;
• The skip-scan optimization has been added to the query planner;
• The SQLITE_ENABLE_EXPLAIN_COMMENTS compile-time option has been added;
• The comments that are inserted into EXPLAIN output, when the SQLITE_ENABLE_EXPLAIN_COMMENTS compile-time option is enabled, has been enhanced;
• Performance enhancements in the VDBE, especially to the OP_Column opcode, have been implemented.