Audex, an audio grabber tool for CD-ROM drives based on KDE 4 that creates profiles for LAME, OGG Vorbis (oggenc), FLAC, MP4/M4A/AAC (faac) and RIFF WAVE, is now at version 0.76 Beta 1.
Audex 0.76 Beta 1 (uddebo) can be preform extracting and encoding in parallel, filename editing with local and remote CDDB/FreeDB database, and multi-profile ripping, just to name a few features.
Highlights of Audex 0.76 Beta 1 (uddebo):
• Google cover fetcher has been fixed;
• Some compile issues with GCC 4.7 have been corrected;
• Total number of audio tracks variable has been added;
• Audex name and version variable has been added;
• Unity DBus API are now used to show the overall progress and the current track number.
The complete changelog can be found in the official announcement.
Download Audex 0.76 Beta 1 right now from Softpedia. Remember that this is a beta version and it should NOT be installed on production machines. It is intended for testing purposes only.