The developers are now one step closer to the mythical 3.0 version
Rhythmbox, an integrated music management application, originally inspired by Apple's iTunes and designed to work well under the GNOME desktop environment, is now at version 2.99.Rhythmbox 2.99 has been dubbed "Future Delay Thinking" and it brings us a little closer to the 3.x branch, but the suspense continues as the developers released another update in the 2.x branch.
Highlights of Rhythmbox 2.99:
• The application is now based on GStreamer 1.0;
• libsecret is now used instead of gnome-keyring;
• GNOME notification filtering is now supported;
• The podcast browsing and updating features have been updated;
• The play button now turns into a pause or stop button while a file is playing;
• Buffering progress is now showing in the song position slider;
• The media player sync is now working better with transcoded files.
A complete changelog can be found in the official announcement.
Download Rhythmbox 2.99 right now from Softpedia.