Rhythmbox, an integrated music management application, originally inspired by Apple's iTunes and designed to work well under the GNOME desktop environment, is now at version 2.97.
Rhythmbox 2.97 brings us a little bit closer to version 3.0, but the developers are not confident about this either. There is wiggle room for a few more "unstable" versions.
Highlights of Rhythmbox 2.97:
· libmusicbrainz4 is now used for audio CD metadata;
· A new, more compact header layout, including album art, is now used;
· The artdisplay plugin has been deprecated;
· Audio CD extraction speed has been fixed;
· A new podcast subscription interface has been added;
· Cover Art Transitions have been fixed;
· Setting multiple tags with different values has been fixed.
A complete changelog can be found in the official announcement.
Download Rhythmbox 2.97 right now from Softpedia.