Red Hat has announced the availability of Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.9 Beta for all the customers and partners.The developer of Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.9 Beta consider this Linux distribution to be a minor release, but it includes a broad set of updates to the existing features and new features in various areas, especially to certificate-based Red Hat Subscription Management.
Highlights of Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.9 Beta:
• Support for the latest CPU, chip set, and device driver enhancements for Red Hat’s hardware vendors;
• Support for the latest U.S. government password policy requirement has been added;
• A new rsyslog5 package, which upgrades rsyslog to major version 5, has been added;
• Samba has been updated to version 3.6;
• Users can now run Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.9 as a guest on top of Microsoft Hyper-V.
More details about the Red Hat Enterprise Linux 5.9 Beta release can be found in the official announcement. Remember that this is a beta release and it should NOT be installed on production machines. It is intended to be used for testing purposes only.