The distribution also features newer alternatives kernels
On September 18, François Dupoux announced a new release of his popular SystemRescueCd Linux-based operating system for rescue and recovery tasks.
SystemRescueCd 3.8.0 comes with important changes and improvements, but the most prominent one is the switch to a new version of the LTS Linux kernel. A few other updates have also been implemented.
Highlights of SystemRescueCd 3.8.0:
• Linux kernel has been updated to version 3.4.62 (rescuecd + rescue64);
• The alternative Linux kernel has been updated to version 3.10.12 (altker32 + altker64);
• Support has been added for the Gluster 3.4 filesystem;
• GParted has been updated to its latest sable release, 0.16.2;
• The btrfs utilities have been updated.
For more details about the new features and changes, take a look at the official changelog. Download SystemRescueCd 3.8.0 right now from Softpedia.