ROSA Desktop, a Linux distribution based on KDE SC desktop environment and including application software sufficient to fulfill most of the typical tasks, is now at version 2012 Alpha 2.
Highlights of ROSA Desktop 2012 Alpha 2:
• Linux kernel has been updated to version 3.5.5;
• Updated drivers for Intel, NVIDIA and AMD chipsets with support for i3/i5/i7, GF6xxx and latest AMD products;
• GRUB2 has been implemented;
• Plasma Desktop was updated to version 4.9.2;
• LibreOffice was updated to version 3.6.2;
• Mozilla Firefox was updated to version 15.0;
• Mozilla Thunderbird was updated to version 15.0;
According to the developers, the migration to a new version of GRUB2 boot loader allowed to achieve better compatibility with alternative operating systems.
A complete list of changes and new features is available in the official announcement.
Download ROSA Desktop 2012 Alpha 2 right now from Softpedia. Remember that this is a development version and it should NOT be installed on production machines. It is intended for testing purposes only.