Qtractor, an audio/MIDI multi-track sequencer application written in C++ with the Qt4 framework, is now at version 0.5.8 (The India Romeo).
The target platform for this software is Linux, where the Jack Audio Connection Kit (JACK) for audio and the Advanced Linux Sound Architecture (ALSA) for MIDI are the main infrastructures to evolve as a fairly-featured Linux desktop audio workstation GUI.
Highlights of Qtractor 0.5.8 (The India Romeo):
• Old audio ramping spin-locks have been removed;
• Audio bus and track gain can now be used for amplification again (0dB to +6dB);
• LV2 X11 UI support has been added;
• The procedure used for clips splitting has been improved;
• Support for Qt5 migration has been added.
Check out the official announcement for a complete list of changes and updates.
Download Qtractor 0.5.8 right now from Softpedia.