Precise Puppy, a Linux distribution built on Ubuntu 12.04.2 (Precise Pangolin), has been updated and reached version 5.5.
According to the developer, there have been many bug fixes and improvements at the Woof-level since Precise 5.4.3 was released, not to mention a lot package fixes and upgrades.
Highlights of Precise Puppy 5.5:
• "In house" package fixes and upgrades for multiple issues have been implemented;
• losetup encryption was fixed;
• Some package dependencies bugs have been repaired;
• The Frisbee network manager has been added;
• A mixer GUI for Pmusic has been added;
• Ubuntu Phone Qt-XML is available in Precise Puppy;
• A similar theme to the recently-released Wary and Racy 5.5 has been added. The PET packages used are 'desk_icon_theme_lagabluenight' (desktop icons), 'gtk_theme_flatbluecontrast' (gtk), 'jwm_theme_deepbluebold' (JWM window manager).
More details about this release can be found in the official announcement.
Download Precise Puppy 5.5 right now from Softpedia.