Google Chrome, a browser built on the WebKit layout engine that aims to be minimalistic and versatile at the same time, is now at version 27.0.1453.47 Beta.The Beta branch of the Google Chrome internet browser has received an update, shortly after the Stable version was made available to the users.
Highlights of Google Chrome 27.0.1453.47 Beta:
• A bug which affected the favicon images has been corrected. Also, useless favicon updates are now prevented;
• A spinner is now shown at the center of the list view, when a search is started;
• A few missing mappings for Japanese _ and \ keys have been added under Linux;
• A patch has been implemented to use the PulseAudio threaded mainloop;
• The SHELL of Google Chrome is now the same with the user's login shell.
A complete list of bug fixes and changes can be found in the official changelog.
Download Google Chrome 27.0.1453.47 Beta right now from Softpedia. Remember that this is a development version and it should NOT be installed on production machines. It is intended for testing purposes only.