PulseAudio, a sound system for POSIX OSes, working as a proxy for sound applications and allowing users to do advanced operations on sound data, is now at version 3.0.Highlights of PulseAudio 3.0:
• ALSA Use Case Manager (UCM) support has been added;
• Runtime editable LADSPA filter parameters have been implemented;
• Bluetooth support now requires "sbc" – a library for the SBC codec;
• Support for the "socket API" of BlueZ has been dropped in favor of the D-Bus based "media API";
• Support for HAL has been removed;
• Optimizations have been added for sample format conversion between S16LE and floating point formats using the ARM NEON instructions;
• pactl and pacmd now support unloading modules by name.
Check out the official announcement for a complete list of new features and updates.
Download PulseAudio 3.0 right now from Softpedia.