The software also introduces alternate sample rates for the first time
PulseAudio, a sound system for POSIX OSes, working as a proxy for sound applications which allows user to do advanced operations on sound data, is now at version 2.0.It took almost six months to get a new version, but PulseAudio 2.0 was worth the wait. It comes with a lot of new key features, updates, and important bugfixes.
Highlights of PulseAudio 2.0:
• Jack detection has been implemented, but more advanced features regarding this function will be implemented in the future;
• PulseAudio now supports alternate sample rates, which means that sample rates can now be changed dynamically, which in turn avoids resampling;
• VOIP (Voice Over IP) function has undergone serious improvements;
• HURD support has been fixed;
• The quality of A2DP decoder has been improved;
• The Speex library is now optional.
Download PulseAudio 2.0 right now from Softpedia.