Proxmox VE (Virtual Environment), an easy to use open source virtualization platform for running Virtual Appliances and Virtual Machines, is now at version 2.0 RC1.
Proxmox VE 2.0 RC1 is the first release in the 2.x branch that is based on a stable Linux kernel. Users can install this version and upgrade it to future releases with ease. Just use the following commands, in a terminal:
sudo aptitude update
sudo aptitude dist-upgrade
Highlights of Proxmox VE 2.0 RC1:
· Role based user- and permission management for all objects (VM´s, storages, nodes, etc.) was introduced;
· Support for multiple authentication sources is now available;
· Support for Microsoft Active Directory, LDAP, and Linux PAM;
· Proxmox VE internal authentication;
· New Kernel, based on vzkernel-2.6.32-042stab049.6.src.rpm has been implemented;
· vzdump now uses now LZO compression by default;
· Numerous bug fixes.
Download Proxmox VE 2.0 RC1 right now from Softpedia. Remember that this is a development release and it should NOT be installed on production machines. It is intended to be used for testing purposes only.