The latest version of Porteus can be downloaded from Softpedia
Porteus, a portable Linux operating system which can be installed on a USB device, CDROM, SD card or hard drive, and based on the Linux Live Scripts, has just reached version 2.0 Beta.Porteus 2.0 Beta (Kiosk Edition) has been released only for the 32-bit architecture and it's the first distribution in the series based on Slackware-14.0.
Highlights of Porteus 2.0 Beta:
· Linux kernel was updated to version 3.6.1;
· Mozilla Firefox was updated to version 15.0.1;
· The kiosk edition can be booted only from the iso9660 filesystem, which is read-only by design;
· Shell terminals and VT switching have been disabled;
· All personal user data is wiped each time Firefox is restarted;
· copy2ram feature has been disabled.
A complete list of changes can be found in the official announcement.
Download Porteus 2.0 Beta (Kiosk Edition) right now from Softpedia. Remember that this is a development release and it should NOT be installed on production machines. It is intended to be used for testing purposes only.