Is also feature the latest KDE SC 4.83, XFCE 4.10, and LXDE
Porteus, a portable Linux operating system which can be installed on an USB device, CDROM, SD card or hard drive, and based on the Linux Live Scripts, has just reached version 1.2 RC2.Porteus 1.2 RC2 has been released for 32-bit and 64-bit architectures and brings a lot of changes and updates, such as:
· Linux kernel 3.3.4 for 32-bit and 64-bit editions;
· KDE SC was updated to 4.8.3;
· Trinity was update to 3.5.13 (R14) (32-bit standard edition);
· XFCE desktop 4.10 (XFCE edition for both archs);
· LXDE updated to the latest version from git (both standard editions);
· Mozilla Firefox updated to 12.0 (all edition).
A complete list of changes can be found in the official announcement.
Download Porteus 1.2 RC2 right now from Softpedia. Remember that this is a development release and it should NOT be installed on production machines. It is intended to be used for testing purposes only.
Follow us on Google+