Percona XtraBackup, a free MySQL hot backup software that performs non-blocking backups for InnoDB and XtraDB databases, is now at version 2.1.5.
Highlights of Percona XtraBackup 2.1.5:
• Percona XtraBackup now supports a new form of incremental backups for Percona Server 5.6;
• Percona XtraBackup now supports the new innobackupex –version-check option;
• The subroutine innobackupex no longer leaves the child processes running in case of the error;
• The The 5.6-based binary ( xtrabackup_56), which is used to backup both MySQL 5.6 and Percona Server 5.6 servers, now supports the Percona Server-specific innodb_log_block_size option;
• The Percona XtraBackup no longer stops in case the log block numbers have to wrap around;
• A number of other fixes have been implemented.