Percona XtraBackup, a free MySQL hot backup software that performs non-blocking backups for InnoDB and XtraDB databases, is now at version 2.0.4.
Highlights of Percona XtraBackup 2.0.4:
• A bug introduced in XtraBackup 2.0.2, which caused incremental backups to fail because the init parameter values were not normalized to the values used inside InnoDB has been fixed;
• XtraBackup was handling the separate doublewrite buffer file incorrectly;
• XtraBackup now accepts the --innodb=force option;
• Option safe-slave-backup now works correctly;
• XtraBackup no longer fails on –apply-log, if the filesystem doesn't supports Linux AIO;
• XtraBackup no longer prints a warning message during the prepare stage, about the innodb_file_io_threads being deprecated;
• The Galera tests can now be run concurrently.
A complete list of changes can be found in the official announcement.
Download Percona XtraBackup 2.0.4 right now from Softpedia.