Percona Server, an enhanced drop-in replacement for MySQL that will allow queries to run faster and more consistently and to consolidate servers on powerful hardware, is now at version 5.5.28-29.2.Highlights of Percona Server 5.5.28-29.2:
• Multiple bitmap file support for XtraDB changed page tracking has been added;
• Percona Server now has an option that can be used to build the binary tarball with enabled debugging;
• HandlerSocket has been updated to version 1.1.0;
• innochecksum has been extended with an option to read file format information from a given InnoDB data file;
• Fake changes no longer increase the changed row and userstat counters.
A complete list of changes and updates can be found in the official announcement.
Download Percona Server 5.5.28-29.2 right now from Softpedia. Remember that this is a development version and it should NOT be installed on production machines. It is intended for testing purposes only.