Besides using Ubuntu features, it also takes functions from Linux Mint
Peppermint, a Linux-based operating system that is Cloud / Web Application Centric, designed for enhanced mobility, efficiency and ease of use, is now at version Three.Peppermint Three is based on Lubuntu 12.04 and it borows some features from Linux Mint. The distribution is available for both 32-bit and 64-bit platforms.
Highlights of Peppermint Three:
• The Chromium Stable repository has been enabled by default. Users will get the latest version as soon as it becomes available;
• A very light theme has been implemented and the default artwork has been used;
• The new distribution comes with fewer web applications in order to make the OS lighter;
• Gwoffice is shipped by default;
• GIMP 2.8 is now available in the repository, and GIMP 2.6 is only available though upstream releases;
• Linux Mint Update Manager has replaced Ubuntu Update Manager.
Download Peppermint Three right now from Softpedia.