Parsix GNU/Linux, a live and installation DVD based on Debian that aimes to provide a ready to use, easy to install, desktop and laptop optimized operating system, is now at version 4.0 Test 2.
This is the second test version of Parsix GNU/Linux 4.0, codenamed Gloria, which comes with a large number of changes and features.
Highlights of Parsix GNU/Linux 4.0 Test 2:
• Linux kernel has been updated to version 3.2.23;
• GNOME has been updated to version 3.4.2;
• Xorg Server has been updated to version 1.12.3;
• New artwork has been added;
• Now it's possible to install ATI, nVidia and nVidia-legacy drivers from APT repository;
• VLC 2.0.3 has been added;
• VirtualBox 4.1.16 has been added.
A complete list of updated applications and changes can be found in the official announcement.
Download Parsix GNU/Linux 4.0 Test 2 right now from Softpedia. Remember that this is a development version and it should NOT be installed on production machines. It is intended for testing purposes only.