Parsix GNU/Linux, a live and installation DVD-based on Debian that aims to provide a ready-to-use, easy-to-install, desktop and laptop optimized operating system, is now at version 5.0 Test 1.The ultimate goal of the developers is to provide an easy-to-install desktop and laptop optimized operating system, based on Debian's testing branch and the latest stable release of GNOME desktop environment.
Highlights of Parsix 5.0 Test 1 (Lombardo):
• The installer system has been improved;
• The distribution has been synchronized with Debian Wheezy repositories as of May 23, 2013;
• GNOME has been updated to version 3.8;
• LibreOffice has been provided as default;
• VirtualBox has been updated to version 4.1.18;
• Linux kernel has been updated to version 3.8.13.
Check out the official announcement for a complete list of new features and updates.
Download Parsix 5.0 Test 1 (Lombardo) right now from Softpedia. Remember that this is a development version and it should NOT be installed on production machines. It is intended for testing purposes only.