PC-BSD, a BSD distribution with the goal to be an easy-to-install-and-use desktop operating system based on FreeBSD, is now at version 9.1 RC3.
Highlights of PC-BSD 9.1 RC3:
• The handbook has been updated for 9.1;
• A bug where some keyboard layouts were not being displayed has been fixed;
• Multiple functionality and stability improvements for EasyPBI have been implemented;
• New functionality improvements including better detection added to the mount-tray have been added;
• The new ability to create ZFS datasets for jail environments has been added;
• Mirrors are now auto detected and set based upon location;
• Automatic ZFS 4K blocksize is now enabled by default.
A complete list of changes and new features can be found in the official announcement.
Download PC-BSD 9.1 RC3 right now from Softpedia. Remember that this is a development release and it should NOT be installed on production machines. It is intended to be used for testing purposes only.