Oracle announced on February 28 that its VirtualBox virtualization product for enterprises and end users has just reached version 4.2.8.
Highlights of Oracle VirtualBox 4.2.8:
• Not all the translation tags were taken into account during the language switch;
• The network metrics are now collected only for active (up) interfaces;
• The time for merging snapshots has been reduced, under certain conditions;
• Battlefield 1942 game crashes have been repaired;
• Auto-logon support has been added for Linux guests which are using LightDM as the display manager;
• Linux 3.8 compile fixes have been implemented;
• Blocked SIGALRM has been repaired in 3D desktop sessions;
• An unresolved reference, in vboxvideo_drv for X.org 6.8 guests, has been fixed.
More details about the Oracle VirtualBox 4.2.8 release can be found in the official announcement.
Download VirtualBox 4.2.8 for Linux right now from Softpedia.