OpenSearchServer, a search engine software that uses high-powered full text search algorithms, built using the best available open source technologies, is now at version 1.4 RC3.
OpenSearchServer 1.4 RC3 features phonetic search, clustered results with faceting and collapsing, geolocation, spell-checking, relevance customization using algebraic functions, and more.
Highlights of OpenSearchServer 1.4 RC3:
• Multiple indices have been merged;
• Visio parser and Publisher parser have been added;
• Apache CXF has been updated to version 2.7.x;
• Extraction of user and group rights, when crawling CIFS/SMB and FTP, has been fixed;
• ZK CE has been updated to version 6.5;
• Support has been added for additional characters in LetterOrDigitTokenizer.
A complete list of changes and new features can be found in the official announcement.
Download OpenSearchServer 1.4 RC3 right now from Softpedia. Remember that this is a development version and it should NOT be installed on production machines. It is intended for testing purposes only.