OpenELEC, an embedded operating system built specifically to run XBMC, the open source entertainment media hub, is now at version 3.1.2.
This is actually a testing version of the 3.2.x branch and it's not considered a stable release.
Highlights of OpenELEC 3.1.2:
• Kmod has been updated to version 14;
• util-linux has been updated to version 2.23.1;
• The Linux kernel has been updated to version 3.10;
• Mesa has been updated to version 9.1.4;
• The package ConsoleKit has been removed;
• The RPi patches have been updated;
• The PR2890 driver has been added.
Check the official announcement for a complete list of changes and improvements.
Download OpenELEC 3.1.2 right now from Softpedia. Remember that this is a development version and it should NOT be installed on production machines. It is intended for testing purposes only.