This latest version includes new lighting models and improved graphics
FlightGear, an open-source flight simulator that supports a variety of popular platforms and is developed by skilled volunteers from around the world, is now at version 2.10.FlightGear aims to create a sophisticated and open flight simulator framework for use in research or academic environments, pilot training, or as an industry engineering tool.
Highlights of FlightGear 2.10:
• The simulation includes a few lighting models such as Rayleigh, volumetric ground fog simulation, realistic ambient and diffuse light curves, and more;
• Clouds and winds are influenced by the distribution of terrain elevation;
• Startup time and memory occupancy has been reduced by the implementation of a cache of navigation data;
• The Nasal Console has been improved to support copy/paste, making Nasal script development easier;
• Route Manager now has better support for Navigraph procedures.
More details about this release can be found in the official announcement.
Download FlightGear 2.10 right now from Softpedia.