Dota 2, Valve's own take on the famous Dota mod for Warcraft 3, has just received a major update for all platforms.
The company has announced that Dota 2 for Linux and Mac OS X is now available for download, skipping the usual Beta versions.
Highlights of the latest Dota 2 update:
• Local play has been added;
• A much better armory has been implemented;
• The sarcastic A.I. from Portal has been implemented;
• New treasures have been added;
• A profile privacy option has been added to prevent viewing of Steam/DOTA profiles.
Dota 2 Linux minimum system requirements: Ubuntu 12.04, Dual core from Intel or AMD at 2.8 GHz, 4GB RAM, 8GB Hard Drive Space, nVidia GeForce 8600/9600GT, ATI/AMD Radeon HD2600/3600 (Graphic Drivers: nVidia 310, AMD 12.11), OpenGL 2.1, and OpenAL Compatible Sound Card.
More details about this update can be found on the official Steam website.