MINIX, an open-source operating system designed to be highly reliable, flexible, and secure, loosely based somewhat on previous versions of MINIX, is now at version 3.2.1.
As usual, changes in the MINIX 3 distributions are quite consistent and the new version, 3.2.1, follows the same path:
• Support for dynamically linked executables has been implemented;
• Remove the use of Intel segments altogether, giving a performance boost while context switching;
• Support for SYSENTER/SYSCALL based system kernel calls has been added;
• Imported or upgraded many userland utilities and libraries from NetBSD;
• The TTY driver has been generalized;
• Some more abstractions in VM have been added in order to support future improvements;
• Implemented dynamic mtab support and the mount -a command.
A complete changelog can be found in the official announcement.
Download MINIX 3.2.1 right now from Softpedia.