NetBSD, a free, fast, secure, and highly portable UNIX-like open source OS available for a wide range of platforms, from large-scale servers and desktop systems to handheld and embedded devices, is now at version 6.1 RC1.
The first release candidate for NetBSD 6.1 has been announced featuring new drivers, new features, and many bug fixes.
Highlights of NetBSD 6.1 RC1:
• Bug fixes and feature improvements to NPF, the NetBSD Packet Filter have been implemented;
• Several ARM platforms have received improvements, including Raspberry Pi, which now has nearly complete support;
• Support has been added for dtrace on amd64;
• MIPS ports have been switched to gdb 7.3.1 and gdb6 has been removed;
• Additional device support in key drivers, including wm(4), uftdi(4), mfi(4), bge(4), aac(4), tlp(4) and others, has been added.
A complete list of the changes can be found in the official announcement.
Download NetBSD 6.1 RC1 right now from Softpedia.