NetBSD, a free, fast, secure, and highly portable UNIX-like open source OS available for a wide range of platforms, from large-scale servers and desktop systems to handheld and embedded devices, is now at version 6.1.1.
NetBSD 6.1.1 is the second update in the 6.x branch, and implements quite a few critical fixes, either with regard to security or for stability reasons, plus some new features and enhancements.
Highlights of NetBSD 6.1.1:
• Four new sysctls have been added to avoid IPv6 DoS attacks;
• A kernel panic on Amigas with Deneb cards has been corrected;
• A makedisk_p12high has been implemented;
• tzdata has been updated to version 2013d;
• Protocol handling issues in X Window System client libraries have been corrected.