NetBSD, a free, fast, secure, and highly portable UNIX-like open source OS available for a wide range of platforms, from large-scale servers and desktop systems to handheld and embedded devices, is now at version 6.0 RC1.
Highlights of NetBSD 6.0 RC1:
• Bugs in iscsid target handling and with large writes to ISCSI devices has been fixed;
• Some amd64 trap-handling issues have been fixed;
• Renamed wake(8) to wakeonlan(8);
• Bootstrapping the build system on some Linux distributions has been fixed;
• Postfix has been updated to version 2.8.11;
• urtw(4) and urtwn(4) wireless drivers have been added;
• Support for Intel I350 Ethernet to the wm(4) driver has been added.
A complete list of the changes can be found in the official announcement.
Download NetBSD 6.0 RC1 right now from Softpedia. Remember that this is a development release and it should NOT be installed on production machines. It is intended to be used for testing purposes only.