MySQL, one of the most popular open source databases in the world, has just reached version 5.6.14.As usual, any new version of MySQL brings lots of improvements, and version 5.6.14 makes no exception.
Highlights of MySQL 5.6.14:
• The changes to the spec file have been reverted;
• ignore mysqld_safe.pid is now ignore;
• The client program no longer fails to reconnect to a mysql-5.6 server after a connection is killed by a KILL CONNECTION_ID() command;
• A memory leak in cli_mysql_real_connect() that was caused by the 'goto error' statements has been fixed;
• Performance regressions for single-threaded workload have been corrected;
• A post-push failure has been corrected;
• big-test has been added for 4k and 8k page size.
A complete list of fixed bugs, updates, and new features can be found inside in the archive. Download MySQL 5.6.14 right now from Softpedia.