MySQL, one of the most popular open source database in the world, has just reached version 5.6.11.As usual, any new version of MySQL brings lots of improvements and version 5.6.11 makes no exception.
Highlights of MySQL 5.6.11:
• OpenSSL compression is no longer used by MySQL;
• The mysql_config_editor now supports --port and --socket options;
• A new --skip-database option has been integrated into mysqlcheck;
• Operating on tables with many rows that were deleted, but not purged, is now done a lot faster;
• The index page compression no longer fails for InnoDB tables.
A complete list of fixed bugs, updates and new features can be found in the comprehensive official announcement.
Download MySQL 5.6.11 right now from Softpedia. Remember that this is a development version and it should NOT be installed on production machines. It is intended for testing purposes only.