KWipe, a secure erase application completely written in PyQt that supports various wipe modes such as Zero, DOD, DOD-E, VSITR, and Gutman, is now at version 1.3.1.KWipe 1.3.1 has several important dependencies such as Python >=2.5, Python-Parted, PyQt >=4.5, and Qt >=4.5 Parted.
Highlights of KWipe 1.3.1:
• The Qt.FocusPolicy function has been fixed;
• A Q messageDialog has been added in the onErase() option;
• A new function checkPermission() has been added to the application;
• TioolTip() was added, along with size for drive and partition in GB/MB;
• The German translation was updated;
• The ToolTip now supports TB/GB/MB functions;
• Some translation issues in checkUpdate() have been repaired.
• Czech translation has been added.
Check out the official changelog for a complete list of changes, updates, and new features.
Download KWipe 1.3.1 right now from Softpedia.