Zabbix, an enterprise-class open-source distributed monitoring solution, released under the GPL (free of charge for both commercial and non-commercial use), is now at version 2.1.0 Alpha.Highlights of Zabbix 2.1.0 Alpha:
• The overall system performance has been significantly improved;
• Support has been added for loadable modules that can be used in extending the Zabbix agent checks;
• Unknown events are no longer generated and supported;
• Application inheritance logic has been changed;
• Internal events have been introduced to allow actions and notifications;
• The database structure will now automatically update.
A complete list of changes can be found in the official changelog.
Download Zabbix 2.1.0 Alpha right now from the official website. Remember that this is a development version and it should NOT be installed on production machines. It is intended for testing purposes only.