Canonical has announced another Ubuntu 13.10 (Saucy Salamander) update, and the developers have reported a few improvements on the Mir front.
Canonical plans to improve Unity for Ubuntu 13.10 (Saucy Salamander), and its efforts can be easily seen in the changes it has implemented so far.
Unity will eventually work the same on all platforms, either desktop or Ubuntu Touch. Some of the changes for Unity are actually for the Phone part.
Highlights of the latest Unity updates:
• Unity 8 is now working on Mir;
• The unity8 & Mir teams now all working on Saucy touch (Ubuntu Touch);
• Support has been added for surface snapshot;
• Buffer swapper mech has been added;
• Several bugs around xmir have been fixed;
• Notifications have landed in Unity 8.
A complete list of improvements for Unity can be seen in the official announcement.