The development team behind the MATE desktop environment proudly announced last evening, April 16th, that the stable 1.2.0 version of the popular project is now available for download and upgrade.MATE 1.2.0 is a fork of GNOME 2, providing a traditional desktop environment for Linux operating systems and low-end machines.
Highlights of MATE 1.2.0:
· Fixed all conflicts with GNOME desktop;
· Moved all configuration files to ~/.config/mate;
· Caja received undo/redo feature;
· Applications now open faster thanks to libmate’s mate-open command;
· GStreamer and PulseAudio backends are now supported by the MATE settings daemon;
· Added mozo (alacarte fork), caja-gksu, python-caja and caja-image-converter apps;
· Added new MATE wallpaper;
· Added MATE icon;
· Renamed MATE themes to avoid GNOME conflicts;
· Lots of bugs fixed.
Download MATE 1.2.0 right now from Softpedia.
Follow us on Google+