The final version of Linux Mint 16 has been launched and comes with two distinct flavors, Cinnamon and MATE. We prepared a Cinnamon screenshot tour for the latest version.
According to the developers, Linux Mint 16 "Petra" is based on Ubuntu 13.10 and is using Linux kernel 3.11.
Highlights of Linux Mint 16 Cinnamon:
• The Cinnamon 2.0 branch has been implemented, and it represents 5 months of development and 856 commits from 28 developers;
• Cinnamon is now able to play sounds when you perform common events;
• A new applet has been added to let you easily perform session and account-related tasks;
• Edge-Snapping has been added;
• The Nemo file manager has been improved.