The developers have backported some important features
The developers of Linux Mint 14 haven't forgotten about their users and are porting some of the features for the previous 13 release.Linux Mint 13 is an LTS or Long Term Support. This means that it benefits from five years of security updates. Why not benefit from other great features implemented in Linux Mint 14?
Linux Mint 13 LTS users will get access, among other things, to MDM 1.0.7, Cinnamon 1.6.7 (with Nemo 1.1.2 and Muffin 1.1.2), and MATE 1.4.
The steps to implement these changes are easy, as exemplified by the developer:
• Open the “Software Sources” tool from “Menu -> Preferences -> Software Sources”
• Click on the “Backported packages (backports)” checkbox;
• Launch the “Update Manager” from “Menu->Administration->Update Manager”
• Select all level 1 and level 2 updates;
• Click on “Install Updates&rdquo.
A system restart will be necessary to implement the changes.
If you haven't done so already, you can also download Linux Mint 14 “Nadia” right now from Softpedia.