The latest kernel in the 3.7.x branch can be downloaded from Softpedia
On January 28, Greg Kroah-Hartman announced the immediate availability for download of the forth maintenance release for the stable Linux 3.7.x kernel series.Linux kernel 3.7.5 comes with quite a few patches and an upgrade is recommended to all the users of the previous versions, even if it’s just a maintenance release.
As the development powers on, the number of patches and updates for every branch gets small and smaller. This is just the case of the latest version of kernel from the 3.7.x branch which only integrates a handful of changes.
Highlights of Linux kernel 3.7.5:
• IRQ race during initialization has been repaired;
• Don't free ida when disk is in use;
• The lack of command retry, after a success error handler, has been repaired;
• A kconfig dependency has been added on acpi-cpufreq;
• Invalidate the relocation presumed_offsets along the slow path;
• Fix mute led for another HP machine;
• Introduce signal_wake_up_state () and ptrace_signal_wake_up ();
• Ensure arch_ptrace/ptrace_request can never race with SI wake_up_process () should be never used to wakeup a TASK_STOPPED/TRACED task;
• A new state MODULE_STATE_UNFORMED has been added;
• The sata_settings have been replaced with devslp_timing;
• DMA memory sync direction correct flag has been fixed;
• Get power info before updating the C-states on ACPI;
• uname munging has been fixed when setting ARCH on native machine;
• per-slot workqueues are used to avoid deadlock.
"I'm announcing the release of the 3.7.5 kernel. All users of the 3.7.x kernel series must upgrade."
"The updated 3.0.y git tree can be found at: git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/stable/linux-0stable.git linux-3.0.y and can be browsed at the normal kernel.org git web browser: http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/stable/linux-stable.git;a=summary," said Greg KH in the email announcement.
As usual, the Linux kernel 3.7.5 is a must-grab update for all Linux users who use the Linux 3.7.x kernel. Therefore, upgrade as soon as possible!
Download Linux kernel 3.7.5 right now from Softpedia.