Greg Kroah-Hartman announced the immediate availability for download of Linux kernel 3.4.29 LTS (long-term support).
Linux kernel 3.4.29 introduces a lot of various fixes, as well as driver improvements and improved Arch support.
Highlights of Linux kernel 3.4.29 LTS:
• Incorrect strncpy() has been fixed in hidp_setup_hid();
• A typo in PCIe adapter NULL check has been fixed;
• DMAR has been disabled for g4x integrated gfx;
• Pass a proper identity mapping in efi_call_phys_prelog;
• A fixup for Packard-Bell desktop with ALC880 has been implemented.
A complete list of changes and fixes can be found in the official mailing list.
“I'm announcing the release of the 3.4.29 kernel. All users of the 3.4 kernel series should upgrade or risk being turned into pumpkins.”
“The updated 3.4.y git tree can be found at: git://git.kernel.org/pub/scm/linux/kernel/git/stable/linux-stable.git linux-3.4.y and can be browsed at the normal kernel.org git web browser: http://git.kernel.org/?p=linux/kernel/git/stable/linux-stable.git,” said Greg Kroah-Hartman in the email announcement.
Users of the Linux kernel 3.4.x branch are urged to update to the new version as soon as possible.
Download Linux kernel 3.4.29 LTS right now from Softpedia.