LinHES (Linux Home Entertainment System), a distribution loosely based on ArchLinux that centers around MythTV designed for Home Theater PCs (HTPC), is now at version 7.3.
The developers have provided some simple commands for users who already have a previous version of LinHES installed. Just open a terminal and enter the following commands:
sudo sv stop frontend
sudo pacman -Sy linhes-scripts
Highlights of LinHES 7.3:
• Folding@Home setup has been implemened;
• Linux kernel 2.6.30;
• Thumbnail Generator (screenshooter.sh) no longer exits;
• Apple trailers are now playing properly;
• Fluxbox now uses LinHES windowmanger startup;
• Twinhan 7.2 remote config now works properly;
• Avahi is now used for DNS;
• Firmware for HVR-1600 has been added;
• Syslog now works properly;
• Various other fixes.
Download LinHES 7.3 right now from Softpedia.