LilyPond, a music engraving program, devoted to producing the highest-quality sheet music possible by featuring the aesthetics of traditionally engraved music to computer printouts, is now at version 2.17.6.LilyPond 2.17.6 may be an unstable version, but it's still an important release as it brings a lot of updates and changes.
Highlights of LilyPond 2.17.6:
• Obsolete para on two-pass spacing (2828) has been removed;
• Elysium has been added to Easier Editing section;
• Numeric tempi and detached lyrics in abc2ly have been fixed;
• Extend or shrink bar line if it's too short or long;
• Volta bracket regtest have been added;
• LilyPond strings can now stand in for symbols when parsing;
• Change \accidentalStyle to get a symbol list as argument;
• Improper nesting of various property overrides has been fixed.
Check out the complete changelog for a full list of modifications.
Download LilyPond 2.17.6 right now from Softpedia. Remember that this is a beta version and it should NOT be installed on production machines. It is intended for testing purposes only.