The new release of Lightspark, version 0.6.0.1, features lots of improvements, new features, and bug fixes, among which we can mention:
· Support for LLVM 3.1;
· Better support for fonts;
· Support for AIR desktop apps;
· Better matrix handling;
· Better serialization robustness;
· Support for www.bbc.co.uk video player;
· RTMP support enabled by default (requires librtmp);
· IEventDispatcher implementation pattern support was fixed;
· Private namespaces are now properly supported;
· Implemented namespace pooling and string, in order to reduce memory consumption;
· A PulseAudio volume issue was fixed.
To install Lightspark on your Ubuntu distribution, open a terminal and paste the following commands, one by one:
sudo add-apt-repository ppa:sparkers/ppa
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get install lightspark
Fedora users can install Lightspark by pasting the following commands in a terminal:
- Standalone player :
su -c ‘yum install lightspark –enablerepo=rpmfusion-free-updates-testing’
- Mozilla plugin :
su -c 'yum install lightspark-mozilla-plugin --enablerepo=rpmfusion-free-updates-testing'
Download Lightspark 0.6.0.1 right now from Softpedia.